Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
 Download Current HansardDownload Current Hansard    View Or Save XMLView/Save XML

Previous Fragment    Next Fragment
Monday, 19 March 2018
Page: 1501

Senator CASH (Western AustraliaMinister for Jobs and Innovation) (18:26): Sorry, Senator Siewert. I'm not exactly sure we're on the same page, so if I provide you with some information hopefully you can then tell me whether or not we are both on the same page. For example, what will happen to claimants that are waiting for documentation from a third party? All claimants also have additional time—up to 14 days—to supply some third-party documents from the time they lodge their claims. Examples of these documents include medical reports when applying for disability support pension or evidence of parental income when applying for youth allowance. In relation to documents or information generally considered to be outside a claimant's control, these could be obtaining medical evidence through a report to be completed by a treating doctor or specialist, business or private trust details, or parental income. Documents or information generally considered to be within a claimant's control include: tax file number, savings account balances, employment separation certificates or proof of identity.