Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
 Download Current HansardDownload Current Hansard   

Previous Fragment    Next Fragment
Monday, 22 November 1993
Page: 3331


Senator IAN MACDONALD —I give notice that, on the next day of sitting, I shall move:

  That the Senate—

    (a)notes:

      (i)the latest Morgan Poll for Queensland, which shows that the State-wide vote of the Liberal Party is running at 26 per cent, the National Party at 16.5 per cent, for a combined Coalition total of 42.5 per cent, the same level of support as exists for the Australian Labor Party, and

      (ii)that in country areas support for the Coalition stands at 47 per cent compared with 38 per cent for the Australian Labor Party; and

    (b)congratulates the Leader of the Queensland Liberal Party (Mrs Sheldon) and the Leader of the Queensland National Party (Mr Borbidge) on the success and the increasing level of support in Queensland for the Coalition.