- Parliamentary Business
- Senators and Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
SJ No 51 - 3 December 2008
- Parl No.
- System Id
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
Senate Journal No. 51 - 3 December 2008
- 1 MEETING OF SENATE
- 2 GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS
- 3 AUDITOR-GENERAL AMENDMENT BILL 2008E CORPORATIONS AMENDMENT (NO. 1) BILL 2008E MIGRATION LEGISLATION AMENDMENT BILL (NO. 2) 2008E THERAPEUTIC GOODS AMENDMENT (MEDICAL DEVICES AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2008
- 4 CONSIDERATION OF LEGISLATION
- 5 BROADCASTING LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (DIGITAL TELEVISION SWITCH-OVER) BILL 2008
- 6 INTERSTATE ROAD TRANSPORT CHARGE AMENDMENT BILL (NO. 2) 2008E ROAD CHARGES LEGISLATION REPEAL AND AMENDMENT BILL 2008
- 7 MATTERS OF PUBLIC INTEREST
- 8 QUESTIONS
- 9 IMMIGRATION—MR MARAT AMINOV—STATEMENT BY LEAVE
- 10 MOTIONS TO TAKE NOTE OF ANSWERS
- 11 DEATH OF FORMER MEMBER THE HONOURABLE FRANCIS DANIEL CREAN
- 12 NOTICES
- 13 POSTPONEMENTS
- 14 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—WEST AFRICA—CHILD LABOUR
- 15 WATER AMENDMENT (SAVING THE GOULBURN AND MURRAY RIVERS) BILL 2008
- 16 WATER ACT 2007—CRITICAL HUMAN WATER NEEDS—DEFINITIONS AND CRITERIA—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENT
- 17 FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES—ABC LEARNING—CHILD CARE
- 18 ECONOMICS—ECONOMIC STRATEGY
- 19 ENVIRONMENT—NATIVE FORESTS AND WOODLANDS
- 20 INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY
- 21 ADJOURNMENT DEBATE ON TUESDAY—DIVISIONS ON THURSDAY—SUBSTITUTE MEMBERS OF COMMITTEES—TEMPORARY ORDERS
- 22 SCRUTINY OF BILLS—STANDING COMMITTEE—ALERT DIGEST NO. 14 OF 2008
- 23 SENATORS' INTERESTS—STANDING COMMITTEE—DOCUMENTS
- 24 PARLIAMENT—COMMONWEALTH ELECTORAL AMENDMENT (POLITICAL DONATIONS AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2008—MINISTERIAL STATEMENT—DOCUMENTS
- 25 TRADE—TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP—MINISTERIAL STATEMENT—CONSIDERATION
- 26 DEPARTMENT OF THE SENATE—REGISTER OF SENATE SENIOR EXECUTIVE OFFICERS' INTERESTS—DOCUMENT
- 27 INDEPENDENT AUDIT—AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL AUDIT OFFICE—DOCUMENT
- 28 DOCUMENTS
- 29 FAMILIES, HOUSING, COMMUNITY SERVICES AND INDIGENOUS AFFAIRS AND OTHER LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (FURTHER 2008 BUDGET AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2008
- 30 NATION-BUILDING FUNDS BILL 2008E NATION-BUILDING FUNDS (CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS) BILL 2008E COAG REFORM FUND BILL 2008
- 31 SCHOOLS ASSISTANCE BILL 2008
- 32 GOVERNOR-GENERAL'S MESSAGE—ASSENT TO LAWS
- 33 ECONOMICS—STANDING COMMITTEE—REPORT—DEFINITION OF UNCONSCIONABLE CONDUCT FOR THE PURPOSES OF PART IVA OF THE TRADE PRACTICES ACT 1974
- 34 ECONOMICS—STANDING COMMITTEE—REPORT—MATTERS RELATING TO THE GAS EXPLOSION AT VARANUS ISLAND, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- 35 VALEDICTORY STATEMENTS
- 36 NOTICE
- 37 ADJOURNMENT
- 38 ATTENDANCE
The following documents were tabled by the Clerk:
[Legislative instruments are identified by a Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) number]
A New Tax System (Luxury Car Tax) Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 239—A New Tax System (Luxury Car Tax) Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 1) [F2008L04529]*.
Acts Interpretation Act—Statement pursuant to subsection 34C(6) relating to the extension of specified period for presentation of a report—National Rural Advisory Council - Report for 2006-07.
Broadcasting Services Act—Variations to Licence Area Plans for—
Charters Towers Radio - No. 1 of 2008 [F2008L04436]*.
Townsville Radio - No. 1 of 2008 [F2008L04437]*.
Civil Aviation Act—
Civil Aviation Safety Regulations—Airworthiness Directives—Part 105—
AD/BELL 412/2 Amdt 1—Retirement Lives - Fatigue Critical Components [F2008L04391]*.
AD/BN-2/22—Emergency Exits Placard [F2008L04392]*.
AD/BN-2/26—Wing Rear Spar - Inspection [F2008L04393]*.
AD/BN-2/37—Passenger Seats - Inspection and Modification [F2008L04394]*.
AD/DO 228/1—Airworthiness Limitations [F2008L04399]*.
AD/ERJ-170/19—Ram Air Turbine Machined Support [F2008L04405]*.
AD/ERJ-170/20—Engine Pylon Bulkhead 1 Fasteners [F2008L04406]*.
Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 238—Civil Aviation Regulations 2008 (No. 2) [F2008L04445]*.
Customs Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 Nos—
225—Customs Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 6) [F2008L04419]*.
226—Customs (Prohibited Imports) Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 5) [F2008L04423]*.
Excise Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 240—Excise Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 1) [F2008L04517]*.
Federal Court of Australia Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 244—Federal Court Amendment Rules 2008 (No. 2) [F2008L04528]*.
Fisheries Management Act—Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery Management Plan 2002—HIMIF 2008/2009 TAC D7 Determination—Total Allowable Catch Determination - 2008/2009 Season [F2008L04441]*.
Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 231—Hazardous Waste (Regulation of Exports and Imports) Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 1) [F2008L04513]*.
Health Insurance Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 235—Heath Insurance (Diagnostic Imaging Services Table) Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 4) [F2008L04262]*.
International Organisations (Privileges and Immunities) Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 233—Secretariat to the Meeting of the Parties to the Agreement on the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels (Privileges and Immunities) Regulations 2008 [F2008L04489]*.
Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 237—Migration Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 8) [F2008L04492]*.
Statement under section 91D—Prescription of the People's Republic of China as a safe third country.
National Rental Affordability Scheme Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 232—National Rental Affordability Scheme Regulations 2008 [F2008L04484]*.
Petroleum Excise (Prices) Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 241—Petroleum Excise (Prices) Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 1) [F2008L04518]*.
Primary Industries Levies and Charges Collection Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 224—Primary Industries Levies and Charges Collection Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 4) [F2008L04490]*.
Radiocommunications Act—Radiocommunications (Foreign Space Objects) Amendment Determination 2008 (No. 2) [F2008L04440]*.
Telecommunications (Consumer Protection and Service Standards) Act—
Universal Service Subsidies (2008-09 Contestable Areas) Determination (No. 1) 2008 [F2008L04449]*.
Universal Service Subsidies (2008-09 Default Area) Determination (No. 1) 2008 [F2008L04448]*.
Trade Practices Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 242—Trade Practices (Consumer Product Safety Standard) (Bicycle Helmets) Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 1) [F2008L04523]*.
Water Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 229—Water Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 2) [F2008L04439]*.
Workplace Relations Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2008 No. 243—Workplace Relations Amendment Regulations 2008 (No. 3) [F2008L04525]*.
Governor-General's Proclamation—Commencement of provisions of an Act
Migration Amendment (Notification Review) Act 2008—Items 1 and 2 of Schedule 1—5 December 2008 [F2008L04521]*.
* Explanatory statement tabled with legislative instrument.