- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
SJ No 42 - 11 November 2008
- Parl No.
- System Id
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
Senate Journal No. 42 - 11 November 2008
- 1 MEETING OF SENATE
- 2 GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS
- 3 ELECTORAL MATTERS—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 4 GREAT BARRIER REEF MARINE PARK AND OTHER LEGISLATION AMENDMENT BILL 2008
- 5 QUESTIONS
- 6 MOTIONS TO TAKE NOTE OF ANSWERS
- 7 DEATH OF FORMER MEMBER CECIL ALLEN BLANCHARD
- 8 NOTICES
- 9 LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- 10 COMMUNITY AFFAIRS—STANDING COMMITTEE—REFERENCE
- 11 RENEWABLE ENERGY (ELECTRICITY) AMENDMENT (FEED-IN-TARIFF) BILL 2008—GENERAL BUSINESS ORDER OF THE DAY DISCHARGED
- 12 RENEWABLE ENERGY AMENDMENT (FEED-IN-TARIFF FOR ELECTRICITY)E BILL 2008
- 13 PLEBISCITE FOR AN AUSTRALIAN REPUBLIC BILL 2008
- 14 ENVIRONMENT, COMMUNICATIONS AND THE ARTS—STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 15 COMMUNITY AFFAIRS—STANDING COMMITTEE—EXTENSION OF TIME TO REPORT
- 16 COMMUNITY AFFAIRS—STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 17 ELECTORAL MATTERS—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTINGS
- 18 ECONOMICS—STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 19 RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT—STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTINGS
- 20 NATIONAL BROADBAND NETWORK—SELECT COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 21 ECONOMICS—STANDING COMMITTEE—EXTENSION OF TIME TO REPORT
- 22 AGRICULTURAL AND RELATED INDUSTRIES—SELECT COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 23 FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES—ABC LEARNING—CHILD CARE
- 24 IMMIGRATION—MOELLER FAMILY
- 25 HEALTH—NATIONAL CLEFT AWARENESS WEEK
- 26 INDEPENDENT REVIEWER OF TERRORISM LAWS BILL 2008 [NO. 2]—CONSIDERATION
- 27 URGENCY MOTION—FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES—ABC LEARNING—CHILD CARE
- 28 AUDITOR-GENERAL—AUDIT REPORT NO. 8 OF 2008-09—DOCUMENT
- 29 DOCUMENTS
- 30 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 31 GREAT BARRIER REEF MARINE PARK AND OTHER LEGISLATION AMENDMENT BILL 2008
- 32 TRADE PRACTICES AMENDMENT (CLARITY IN PRICING) BILL 2008
- 33 NATIONAL FUELWATCH (EMPOWERING CONSUMERS) BILL 2008E NATIONAL FUELWATCH (EMPOWERING CONSUMERS) (CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS) BILL 2008
- 34 GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS—CONSIDERATION
- 35 ADJOURNMENT
- 36 ATTENDANCE
The Acting Deputy President (Senator Troeth) informed the Senate that the President had received letters requesting changes in the membership of committees.
The Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Health and Ageing (Senator McLucas), by leave, moved—That senators be discharged from and appointed to committees as follows:
Education, Employment and Workplace Relations—Standing Committee—
Substitute member: Senator Milne to replace Senator Siewert for the committee's inquiry into Australia's research and training capacity in the area of climate change
Participating member: Senator Siewert
Appointed—Participating member: Senator Fielding
Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport—Standing Committee—
Substitute member: Senator Siewert to replace Senator Milne for the committee's inquiry into the provisions of the Water Amendment Bill 2008
Participating member: Senator Milne.
Question put and passed.
Messages from the House of Representatives were reported informing the Senate of changes in the membership of joint committees, as follows:
Message no. 188, dated 10 November 2008—Public Accounts and Audit—Joint Statutory Committee—Mrs BK Bishop and Mr Briggs in place of Mr Baldwin and Mr Morrison.
Message no. 189, dated 10 November 2008—Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade—Joint Standing Committee—Mrs Markus in place of Mr Robb.
Message no. 190, dated 10 November 2008—Australian Crime Commission—Joint Statutory Committee—Ms Ley in place of Mr Pyne.
Message no. 191, dated 10 November 2008—Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity—Joint Statutory Committee—Ms Ley in place of Mr Pyne.
Message no. 192, dated 11 November 2008—Treaties—Joint Standing Committee—Mr Briggs in place of Mr Andrews.
Message no. 193, dated 11 November 2008—Migration—Joint Standing Committee—Dr Stone in place of Mr Randall.
Message no. 194, dated 11 November 2008—Corporations and Financial Services—Joint Statutory Committee—Mr Pearce in place of Mr Keenan.