Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Additional disaster assistance for Tasmanian communities

Download PDFDownload PDF


THE HON NICOLA ROXON MP Attorney-General Minister for Emergency Management

SENATOR THE HON KIM CARR Minister for Human Services



The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) has been extended to residents in the District of Ellendale, Tasmania affected by the bushfire.

Attorney-General and Minister for Emergency Management Nicola Roxon and Minister for Human Services Kim Carr today announced that eligible people in the area of Ellendale can claim payments of $1,000 for each adult and $400 for each child.

“This is a difficult time for the State of Tasmania,” Ms Roxon said.

“These payments will assist individuals and families to get back on their feet as the State begins to recover from the devastating bushfires of recent days,” Ms Roxon said.

Senator Carr encouraged people directly affected by the bushfire in the area of Ellendale in Tasmania to access the AGDRP as soon as possible.

“I urge those individuals affected in the District of Ellendale to take advantage of this assistance and the other support provided by the Department of Human Services,” Senator Carr said.

The AGDRP is already being provided in the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Glamorgan-Spring Bay, Sorell and Tasman, following the bushfires affecting the South-East and East of the State.

This Australian Government assistance is over and above the support already being provided under the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA), which is jointly funded with the Tasmanian Government.

Affected residents may also be eligible for personal hardship and distress assistance, including a range of grants administered by the Tasmanian Government.

The easiest way to lodge a claim for the AGDRP is online at or by calling the Australian Government Information Line on 180 22 66 from 8am to 5pm local time, Monday to Friday. Completed claim forms can also be lodged in person at a Commonwealth Department of Human Services service centre.

Further information on Australian Government assistance is available online at

For all media enquiries, please contact the Attorney-General’s Office on 02 6277 7300 or 0409 945 476 or Minister Carr’s office on 02 6277 7200 or 0427 092 100


To unsubscribe click on the following link:

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the e-mail or attachments.