- Parliamentary Business
- Senators and Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
SJ No 133 - 25 February 2013
- Parl No.
- System Id
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
Senate Journal No. 133 - 25 February 2013
- 1 MEETING OF SENATE
- 2 SOCIAL SECURITY AND OTHER LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (INCOME SUPPORT BONUS) BILL 2012
- 3 ELECTORAL AND REFERENDUM AMENDMENT (IMPROVING ELECTORAL PROCEDURE) BILL 2012
- 4 QUESTIONS
- 5 RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT REFERENCES COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 6 MOTION TO TAKE NOTE OF ANSWERS
- 7 DEATH OF FORMER MEMBER THE HONOURABLE WILLIAM (BILL) LAWRENCE MORRISON, AO
- 8 PETITION
- 9 NOTICES
- 10 PRIVATE SENATORS' BILLS—CONSIDERATION
- 11 LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- 12 ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—EXTENSION OF TIME TO REPORT
- 13 NATIONAL BROADBAND NETWORK—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 14 POSTPONEMENTS
- 15 SMALL BUSINESS COMMISSIONER BILL 2013
- 16 MARRIAGE EQUALITY AMENDMENT BILL 2013
- 17 MARRIAGE EQUALITY AMENDMENT BILL 2010—GENERAL BUSINESS ORDER OF THE DAY DISCHARGED
- 18 DISCUSSION OF MATTER OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE—ADMINISTRATION—GILLARD GOVERNMENT
- 19 DEFENCE—AFGHANISTAN—MINISTERIAL STATEMENT—DOCUMENT
- 20 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—INDONESIA—TRANSPORT SAFETY AND SECURITY COOPERATION—MINISTERIAL STATEMENT—DOCUMENT
- 21 RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—INTERIM REPORT—BIOSECURITY BILL 2012  AND INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF BIOSECURITY BILL 2012 
- 22 ECONOMICS REFERENCES COMMITTEE—REPORT—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—MINERALS RESOURCE RENT TAX—REVENUE
- 23 LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL AFFAIRS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—REPORT—EXPOSURE DRAFT OF THE HUMAN RIGHTS AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION BILL 2012
- 24 LAW ENFORCEMENT—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—INQUIRY INTO COMMONWEALTH UNEXPLAINED WEALTH LEGISLATION AND ARRANGEMENTS
- 25 GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS
- 26 AUDITOR-GENERAL—AUDIT REPORT NO. 22 OF 2012-13—DOCUMENT
- 27 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY APPOINTMENTS AND VACANCIES—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENT
- 28 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY GRANTS—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENTS
- 29 CONSIDERATION OF DOCUMENTS
- 30 SENATE COMMITTEE REPORTS—REGISTER 2012 SUPPLEMENT—DOCUMENT
- 31 HEALTH—ASIA PACIFIC REGION—MALARIA—FOREIGN AFFAIRS—GLOBAL HYDRO FLUOROCARBONS PHASE-OUT—DOCUMENT
- 32 WOMEN—FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION—DOCUMENT
- 33 HEALTH—ACCESS TO SANITATION—DOCUMENT
- 34 LAW AND JUSTICE—CONVICTION RECORDS—DOCUMENT
- 35 AUDITOR-GENERAL—AUDIT REPORT NO. 21 OF 2012-13—DOCUMENT
- 36 FOREIGN AFFAIRS, DEFENCE AND TRADE—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—REVIEW OF DEFENCE ANNUAL REPORT 2010-11
- 37 CORPORATIONS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—REPORT—2011-12 ANNUAL REPORTS OF BODIES ESTABLISHED UNDER THE ASIC ACT
- 38 HUMAN RIGHTS—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—2ND REPORT OF 2013
- 39 INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—REPORT—ANNUAL REPORT OF COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES FOR 2011-12
- 40 HEALTH—ASIA PACIFIC REGION—MALARIA—FOREIGN AFFAIRS—GLOBAL HYDRO FLUOROCARBONS PHASE-OUT—HEALTH—ACCESS TO SANITATION—DOCUMENTS—CONSIDERATION
- 41 DOCUMENTS
- 42 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY CONTRACTS—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENTS
- 43 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 44 ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PEOPLES RECOGNITION BILL 2012E COURTS AND TRIBUNALS LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (ADMINISTRATION) E BILL 2012E FEDERAL CIRCUIT COURT OF AUSTRALIA (CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS) E BILL 2013
- 45 APPROPRIATION BILL (NO. 3) 2012-2013E APPROPRIATION BILL (NO. 4) 2012-2013
- 46 COMPLETION OF KAKADU NATIONAL PARK (KOONGARRA PROJECT AREA REPEAL) BILL 2013E CUSTOMS AMENDMENT (ANTI-DUMPING COMMISSION) BILL 2013E MARINE SAFETY (DOMESTIC COMMERCIAL VESSEL) NATIONAL LAW AMENDMENT BILL 2013
- 47 PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE AMENDMENT BILL 2013
- 48 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 49 GOVERNOR-GENERAL'S MESSAGES—ASSENT TO LAWS
- 50 LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL AFFAIRS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—REPORT—MIGRATION AMENDMENT (UNAUTHORISED MARITIME ARRIVALS AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2012
- 51 LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL AFFAIRS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—REPORT—COURTS AND TRIBUNALS LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (ADMINISTRATION) E BILL 2012
- 52 ELECTORAL AND REFERENDUM AMENDMENT (IMPROVING ELECTORAL PROCEDURE) BILL 2012
- 53 CRIMES LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (SLAVERY, SLAVERY-LIKE CONDITIONS AND PEOPLE TRAFFICKING) BILL 2012
- 54 ADJOURNMENT
- 55 ATTENDANCE
The following documents were tabled by the Clerk:
[Legislative instruments are identified by a Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) number. An explanatory statement is tabled with an instrument unless otherwise indicated by an asterisk.]
A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act—Select Legislative Instruments 2013 Nos—
6—A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00200].
7—A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 2) [F2013L00202].
Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2010-2011—Determination to Reduce Appropriations (No. 5 of 2012-2013) [F2013L00207].
Australian National University Act—
Australian National University Academic Board Statute 2013 [F2013L00257].
Fees Statute 2006—Fees Rules 2013 [F2013L00272].
Interpretation Statute 2013 [F2013L00256].
Medical Leave Statute 2007—Medical Leave Rules 2013 [F2013L00269].
Programs and Awards Statute 2013 [F2013L00264].
Programs and Awards Statute 2013—
Graduate Coursework Handbook Rules 2013 [F2013L00273].
Higher Doctorates Rules 2013 [F2013L00268].
Undergraduate Handbook Rules 2013 [F2013L00270].
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority Act—Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Confidentiality) Determination No. 2 of 2013—Information provided by life insurers and friendly societies under Reporting Standard LRS 100.0, LRS 120.0, LRS 210.0, LRS 300.0, LRS 310.0, LRS 330.0, LRS 340.0, LRS 400.0, LRS 420.0 and LRS 430.0 [F2013L00219].
Discovery Early Career Researcher Award Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2014 [F2013L00184].
Discovery Indigenous Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2014 [F2013L00215].
Banking Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 8—Banking Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00206].
Broadcasting Services Act—Variations to Licence Area Plans—
Colac Radio - No. 1 of 2013 [F2013L00266].
Mount Isa Radio - No. 1 of 2013 [F2013L00259].
Nhulunbuy Radio - No. 1 of 2013 [F2013L00261].
Wangaratta Radio - No. 1 of 2013 [F2013L00263].
Civil Aviation Act—
Civil Aviation Regulations—Instrument No. CASA 24/13—Permission - flying over a public gathering at the Australian International Air Show, Avalon; Permission - flying below minimum height at the Australian International Air Show, Avalon [F2013L00211].
Civil Aviation Safety Regulations—
AD/A320/96 Amdt 2—Alternate Braking System Check [F2013L00182].
AD/LYC/105 Amdt 2—Oil Filter Converter Plate Gasket [F2013L00175].
Instruments Nos CASA—
EX11/13—Exemption - from recent experience requirements for air transport pilots [F2013L00260].
EX12/13—Exemption - operations by sport and recreational aircraft in restricted area R979A [F2013L00193].
EX13/13—Exemption - turns after take-off at Australian International Air Show [F2013L00196].
EX16/13—Exemption - power-assisted glider at the Australian International Air Show, Avalon [F2013L00198].
Revocation of Airworthiness Directives—Instrument No. CASA ADCX 003/13 [F2013L00246].
Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 5—Civil Aviation Legislation Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00218].
Commissioner of Taxation—Public Rulings—
Class Rulings CR 2013/11-CR 2013/14.
Product Rulings PR 2013/1 and PR 2013/2.
Taxation Rulings TR 2013/2 and TR 2013/3.
Competition and Consumer Act—
Consumer Protection Notice No. 1 of 2013—Safety Standard: Baby walkers [F2013L00190].
Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 9—Competition and Consumer Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00187].
Customs By-Laws Nos—
Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 1—Customs Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00204].
Customs Administration Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 2—Customs (Drug and Alcohol Testing) Regulation 2013 [F2013L00191].
Determinations under section 58B—Defence Determinations—
2013/3—Review of housing contributions and allowances - amendment.
2013/4—Living-in accommodation - amendment.
2013/5—Rent ceilings - amendment.
2013/6—Post indexes - amendment.
Determinations under section 58H—Defence Force Remuneration Tribunal Determinations Nos—
2 of 2013—Trainee Allowance - Amendment.
3 of 2013—Salaries - Navy Imagery Specialist - Amendment.
Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act—
Amendments of lists of—
Exempt native specimens—EPBC303DC/SFS/2013/08 [F2013L00171].
Specimens taken to be suitable for live import—EPBC/s.303EC/SSLI/Amend/059 [F2013L00181].
Threatened ecological communities, dated 30 January 2013 [F2013L00192].
Threatened species, dated 30 January 2013 [F2013L00271].
Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (Kakadu) Proclamation 2013 [F2013L00189].
Terms of Reference for the Expert Panel on a Declared Commercial Fishing Activity, dated 11 January 2013.
Excise Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 10—Excise Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00199].
Export Market Development Grants Act—Export Market Development Grants (Extended Lodgement and Consultant Quality Incentive) Determination 2012 [F2013L00258].
Extradition Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 3—Extradition (Cybercrime) Regulation 2013 [F2013L00214].
Federal Financial Relations Act—
Federal Financial Relations (General purpose financial assistance) Determinations—
No. 45 (December 2012) [F2013L00227].
No. 46 (January 2013) [F2013L00229].
Federal Financial Relations (National Partnership payments) Determinations—
No. 58 (January 2013) [F2013L00267].
No. 59 (February 2013) [F2013L00231].
Financial Management and Accountability Act—Notice under section 39A—Australian Rail Track Corporation Limited (ARTC).
Fisheries Management Act—
Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery (Closures) Direction No. 2 2013 [F2013L00169].
Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery (Closures) Direction No. 4 2013 [F2013L00170].
Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery (Closures) Direction No. 5 2013 [F2013L00222].
Food Standards Australia New Zealand Act—
Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code—Standard 2.9.5 - Food for Special Medical Purposes Notice Amendment 2012 (No. 1) [F2013L00253].
Food Standards (Application A1043 - World Health Organization Limits for Packaged Water) Variation [F2013L00248].
Food Standards (Application A1070 - Packaging Size for Phytosterol-enriched Lower Fat Cheese) Variation [F2013L00252].
Food Standards (Application A1071 - Food derived from Glyphosate-tolerant Canola MON88302) Variation [F2013L00249].
Food Standards (Proposal 1023 - Tutin, Tocopherols & Food for Special Medical Purposes Standards Amendments) Variation [F2013L00247].
Food Standards (Proposal P242 - Food for Special Medical Purposes - Consequential) Variation Amendment 2012 (No. 1) [F2013L00250].
Health Insurance Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 12—Health Insurance (General Medical Services Table) Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00201].
Higher Education Support Act—
Administration Guidelines 2012—Amendment No. 1 [F2013L00180].
VET Provider Approvals Nos—
6 of 2013—Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE [F2013L00243].
7 of 2013—Bruce Hartwig Flying School Pty Ltd [F2013L00244].
Lands Acquisition Act—Statement describing property acquired by agreement for specified purposes under section 125.
Migration Regulations—Instruments IMMI—
13/022—Arrangements for work and holiday visa applicants from Thailand, Iran, Chile, Turkey, United States of America, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Argentina and Uruguay [F2013L00174].
13/024—Payment of visa application charges and fees in foreign currencies [F2013L00172].
13/025—Places and currencies for paying of fees [F2013L00173].
Statements for period 1 July to 31 December 2012 under sections—
Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act—Instrument 2013 No. MRCC 10—Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (Income Support Bonus) Determination 2013 [F2013L00176].
Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 4—Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters (Cybercrime) Regulation 2013 [F2013L00205].
National Health Act—Instruments Nos PB—
8 of 2013—National Health (Listing of Pharmaceutical Benefits) Amendment Instrument 2013 (No. 3) [F2013L00185].
9 of 2013—Amendment determination under paragraph 98C(1)(b) of the National Health Act 1953 [F2013L00186].
10 of 2013—National Health (Highly specialised drugs program for hospitals) Special Arrangement Amendment Instrument 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00245].
11 of 2013—National Health (Efficient Funding of Chemotherapy) Special Arrangement Amendment Instrument 2013 (No. 2) [F2013L00254].
National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act—Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2012 [F2013L00177].
Private Health Insurance Act—
Private Health Insurance (Prostheses) Amendment Rules 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00203].
Private Health Insurance (Prostheses) Amendment Rules 2013 (No. 2) [F2013L00265].
Remuneration Tribunal Act—Determination 2013/02—Remuneration and Allowances for Holders of Public Office [F2013L00242].
Retirement Savings Accounts Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 13—Retirement Savings Accounts Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00208].
Social and Community Services Pay Equity Special Account Act—Social and Community Services Pay Equity Special Account (Additional Program) Specification 2013 [F2013L00179].
Social Security (Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment) Amendment Determination 2013 (No. 5) [F2013L00195].
Social Security (Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment) Amendment Determination 2013 (No. 6) [F2013L00197].
Social Security (Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment) Amendment Determination 2013 (No. 7) [F2013L00240].
Social Security (Deeming Threshold Rates) (FaHCSIA) Determination 2013 [F2013L00216].
Superannuation Act 1976—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 11—Superannuation (CSS) (Superannuation Guarantee) Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00255].
Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2013 No. 14—Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Amendment Regulation 2013 (No. 1) [F2013L00212].
Sydney Airport Demand Management Act—Sydney Airport Slot Management Scheme 2013 [F2013L00183].
Taxation Administration Act 1953—Nil rate determination and exemption from lodging Minerals Resource Rent Tax (MRRT) Instalment Liability Notices - Instrument (No. 1) 2013 [F2013L00262].
Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act—Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2011—Amendment No. 1 [F2013L00194].
Veterans' Entitlements Act—Instrument No. R9/2013—Veterans' Entitlements (Veterans' Children Education Scheme - Income Support Bonus) Instrument 2013 [F2013L00178].
Governor-General's Proclamations—Commencement of provisions of Acts—
Aviation Legislation Amendment (Liability and Insurance) Act 2012—Schedule 1—31 March 2013 [F2013L00210].
Law Enforcement Integrity Legislation Amendment Act 2012—Schedule 2—15 February 2013 [F2013L00188].