- Parliamentary Business
- Senators and Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
SJ No 118 - 29 October 2012
- Parl No.
- System Id
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
Senate Journal No. 118 - 29 October 2012
- 1 MEETING OF SENATE
- 2 DEATH OF CORPORAL SCOTT JAMES SMITH
- 3 ELECTRICITY PRICES—SELECT COMMITTEE—COMMUNITY AFFAIRS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 4 DEFENCE TRADE CONTROLS BILL 2011E CUSTOMS AMENDMENT (MILITARY END-USE) BILL 2011
- 5 MINISTRY AND MINISTERIAL ARRANGEMENTS—DOCUMENT
- 6 QUESTIONS
- 7 MOTIONS TO TAKE NOTE OF ANSWERS
- 8 NOTICES
- 9 PRIVATE SENATORS' BILLS—CONSIDERATION
- 10 LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- 11 FINANCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 12 LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- 13 RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT REFERENCES COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 14 POSTPONEMENTS
- 15 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—CAMBODIA—ELECTIONS
- 16 ADMINISTRATION—PROTECTING NATIONALLY THREATENED SPECIES AND WILDERNESS PLACES—RESPONSIBILITY
- 17 DISCUSSION OF MATTER OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE—TAXATION—MINING TAX
- 18 GAMBLING REFORM—JOINT SELECT COMMITTEE—REPORT—PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF PROBLEM GAMBLING
- 19 LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL AFFAIRS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—REPORT—REGULATORY POWERS (STANDARD PROVISIONS) BILL 2012
- 20 LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL AFFAIRS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—DETERRING PEOPLE SMUGGLING BILL 2011
- 21 ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS REFERENCES COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—RECENT ABC PROGRAMMING DECISIONS
- 22 FOREIGN AFFAIRS, DEFENCE AND TRADE REFERENCES COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—PROCUREMENT PROCEDURES FOR DEFENCE CAPITAL PROJECTS
- 23 MEN'S HEALTH—SELECT COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—REPORT
- 24 GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS
- 25 AUDITOR-GENERAL—AUDIT REPORT NO. 8 OF 2012-13—DOCUMENT
- 26 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY APPOINTMENTS AND VACANCIES—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENTS
- 27 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY GRANTS—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENTS
- 28 CONSIDERATION OF DOCUMENTS
- 29 PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSIONER—REPORT FOR 2011-12—DOCUMENT
- 30 HEALTH—POLIO ERADICATION—DOCUMENT
- 31 SOCIAL ISSUES—SUICIDE—DOCUMENT
- 32 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—UNITED NATIONS DECLARATION ON THE RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES—DOCUMENTS
- 33 WOMEN—EMPLOYMENT—DOMESTIC VIOLENCE—DOCUMENTS
- 34 PUBLIC SERVICE AMENDMENT BILL 2012—EXPLANATORY MEMORANDUM
- 35 CORPORATIONS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—REPORTS—PERSONAL LIABILITY FOR CORPORATE FAULT REFORM BILL 2012 AND TAX LAWS AMENDMENT (CLEAN BUILDING MANAGED INVESTMENT TRUST) E BILL 2012
- 36 ECONOMICS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—REPORT—CLEAN ENERGY AMENDMENT (INTERNATIONAL EMISSIONS TRADING AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2012 AND RELATED BILLS
- 37 COMMUNITY AFFAIRS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—REPORT—DENTAL BENEFITS AMENDMENT BILL 2012
- 38 AUSTRALIAN PARLIAMENTARY DELEGATION TO MALAYSIA AND SRI LANKA—DOCUMENT
- 39 DOCUMENTS
- 40 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 41 CLEAN ENERGY AMENDMENT (INTERNATIONAL EMISSIONS TRADING AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2012
- 42 GOVERNOR-GENERAL'S MESSAGES—ASSENT TO LAWS
- 43 SOCIAL SECURITY (ADMINISTRATION) ACT—PROPOSED DISALLOWANCES
- 44 DEFENCE TRADE CONTROLS BILL 2011E CUSTOMS AMENDMENT (MILITARY END-USE) BILL 2011
- 45 AUSTRALIAN CHARITIES AND NOT-FOR-PROFITS COMMISSION BILL 2012E AUSTRALIAN CHARITIES AND NOT-FOR-PROFITS COMMISSION (CONSEQUENTIAL AND TRANSITIONAL) BILL 2012
- 46 ADJOURNMENT
- 47 ATTENDANCE
The following documents were tabled by the Clerk:
[Legislative instruments are identified by a Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) number. An explanatory statement is tabled with an instrument unless otherwise indicated by an asterisk.]
A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act—Child Care Benefit (Work/Training/Study Test Exemption) Amendment Determination 2012 (No. 1) [F2012L02035].
Aged Care Act—
Accountability Amendment Principles 2012 (No. 1) [F2012L02060].
Aged Care (Residential Care Subsidy - Amount of Accommodation Supplement) Determination 2012 (No. 2) [F2012L01882]—Explanatory statement [in substitution for explanatory statement tabled with instrument on 19 September 2012].
Allocation Amendment Principles 2012 (No. 1) [F2012L02055].
Certification, Quality of Care and Sanctions Amendment Principles 2012 [F2012L02062].
Community Care Subsidy Amendment Principles 2012 (No. 1) [F2012L02056].
Community Visitors Grant Amendment Principles 2012 (No. 1) [F2012L02059].
Residential Care Grant Amendment Principles 2012 (No. 1) [F2012L02061].
Residential Care Subsidy Amendment Principles 2012 (No. 3) [F2012L02057].
User Rights Amendment Principles 2012 (No. 3) [F2012L01881]—Explanatory statement [in substitution for explanatory statement tabled with instrument on 19 September 2012].
User Rights Amendment Principles 2012 (No. 4) [F2012L02058].
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority Act—Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Confidentiality) Determination No. 20 of 2012—Information provided by locally-incorporated banks and foreign ADIs under Reporting Standard ARS 320.0 [F2012L02090].
Broadcasting Services Act—Broadcasting Services (Events) Notice (No. 1) (Amendment No. 13 of 2012) [F2012L02024].
Christmas Island Act—Emergency Management Ordinance 2012 [F2012L02038].
Civil Aviation Act—
Civil Aviation Regulations—Instrument No. CASA 320/12—Authorisation and permission - helicopter winching operations [F2012L02050].
Civil Aviation Safety Regulations—
Instruments Nos CASA—
EX154/12—Exemption - flight in Class D airspace within 16 kilometres of an aerodrome [F2012L02067].
EX156/12—Exemption - from standard take-off and landing minima - Thai Airways [F2012L02064].
EX159/12—Exemption - certified aerodrome operators [F2012L02072].
Revocation of Airworthiness Directives—Instrument No. CASA ADCX 023/12 [F2012L02065].
Cocos (Keeling) Islands Act—Emergency Management Ordinance 2012 [F2012L02040].
Commissioner of Taxation—Public Rulings—
CR 2012/84-CR 2012/89.
Fuel Tax Rulings—FTR 2012/1-FTR 2012/3.
Currency Act—Currency (Perth Mint) Determination 2012 (No. 2) [F2012L02052].
Customs Act—CEO Instruments of Approval Nos—
14 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (English) [F2012L02015].
15 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Arabic) [F2012L02016].
16 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (simplified Chinese) [F2012L02018].
17 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (traditional Chinese) [F2012L02019].
18 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (French) [F2012L02020].
19 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Greek) [F2012L02023].
20 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Indonesian) [F2012L02033].
21 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Italian) [F2012L02025].
22 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Japanese) [F2012L02026].
23 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Korean) [F2012L02027].
24 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Malaysian) [F2012L02034].
25 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Spanish) [F2012L02028].
26 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Thai) [F2012L02029].
27 of 2012—Incoming passenger card (Vietnamese) [F2012L02030].
Determination under section 58H—Defence Force Remuneration Tribunal Determination No. 10 of 2012—ADF Workplace Remuneration Arrangement: 2011-14 and ADF Senior Officer Remuneration Arrangement: 2011-14.
Determinations under section 58B—Defence Determinations—
2012/57—Army - targeted rank and employment category completion bonus.
2012/58—Post index and Army bonus - amendment.
2012/59—District allowance - amendment.
2012/60—Living-in, maternity leave and transfer allowance - amendment.
2012/61—International campaign allowance - amendment.
2012/62—Additional risk insurance and deployment allowance - amendment.
Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act—Amendments of lists of exempt native specimens—
Federal Financial Relations Act—
Federal Financial Relations (General purpose financial assistance) Determination No. 43 (October 2012) [F2012L02070].
Federal Financial Relations (National Partnership payments) Determination No. 55 (October 2012) [F2012L02051].
Financial Management and Accountability Act—
Notice under section 39A—NBN Co Limited.
Select Legislative Instrument 2012 No. 248—Financial Management and Accountability Amendment Regulation 2012 (No. 8) [F2012L02091].
Food Standards Australia New Zealand Act—Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code—Standard 1.4.2—Maximum Residue Limits Amendment Instrument No. APVMA 10, 2012 [F2012L02068].
Health Insurance Act—Health Insurance (Endovenous Laser Therapy) Determination 2012 (No. 2) [F2012L02063].
Health Workforce Australia Act—Health Workforce Australia (Eligibility) Instrument 2012 (No. 1) [F2012L02069].
Higher Education Support Act—VET Provider Approval No. 22 of 2012—Actor's College of Theatre & Television Pty Ltd [F2012L02071].
11/059—Revocation of section 499 Direction No. 25 [F2012L02036].
12/102—Eligible passports [F2012L02053].
12/111—Determination of daily maintenance amounts for persons in detention [F2012L02017].
Select Legislative Instruments 2012 Nos—
237—Migration Amendment Regulation 2012 (No. 6) [F2012L02021].
238—Migration Legislation Amendment Regulation 2012 (No. 4) [F2012L02041].
Statement for period 1 July to 31 December 2011 under section 197AB, dated 24 October 2011.
Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act—Military Rehabilitation and Compensation (Warlike Service) Determination 2012 (No. 2) [F2012L02031].
Paid Parental Leave Act—Paid Parental Leave Amendment Rules 2012 (No. 1) [F2012L02054].
Primary Industries (Customs) Charges Act and Primary Industries (Excise) Levies Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2012 No. 240—Primary Industries Legislation Amendment Regulation 2012 (No. 2) [F2012L02088].
Primary Industries (Excise) Levies Act and Primary Industries (Customs) Charges Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2012 No. 241—Primary Industries Legislation Amendment Regulation 2012 (No. 3) [F2012L02089].
Quarantine Act—Quarantine (Declared Places - Yellow Fever) Declaration 2012 [F2012L02049].
Radiocommunications Advisory Guidelines (Additional Device Boundary Criteria - 1800 MHz Lower Band) 2012 [F2012L02046].
Radiocommunications Advisory Guidelines (Managing Interference from Spectrum Licensed Transmitters - 1800 MHz Band) 2012 [F2012L02048].
Radiocommunications Advisory Guidelines (Managing Interference to Spectrum Licensed Receivers - 1800 MHz Band) 2012 [F2012L02047].
Radiocommunications (Unacceptable Levels of Interference - 1800 MHz Band) Determination 2012 [F2012L02045].
Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act—
Approval of Form of Application for Approval as a Workplace Rehabilitation Provider (Rehabilitation Program Provider) [F2012L02079].
Approval of Form of Application for Renewal of Approval as a Workplace Rehabilitation Provider (Rehabilitation Program Provider) [F2012L02078].
Variation of Operational Standards for Workplace Rehabilitation Providers (Rehabilitation Program Providers) [F2012L02074].
Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory Act—Stronger Futures in the Northern Territory (Food Security Areas) Rule 2012 [F2012L02073].
Veterans' Entitlements Act—
Amendment Statements of Principles concerning—
Malignant Neoplasm of the Prostate No. 77 of 2012 [F2012L02076].
Malignant Neoplasm of the Prostate No. 78 of 2012 [F2012L02077].
Select Legislative Instrument 2012 No. 236—Veterans' Entitlements Amendment Regulation 2012 (No. 2) [F2012L02039].
Statements of Principles concerning—
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia No. 75 of 2012 [F2012L02087].
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia No. 76 of 2012 [F2012L02086].
Giant Cell Arteritis No. 71 of 2012 [F2012L02082].
Giant Cell Arteritis No. 72 of 2012 [F2012L02083].
Myeloma No. 69 of 2012 [F2012L02081].
Myeloma No. 70 of 2012 [F2012L02080].
Solar Keratosis No. 73 of 2012 [F2012L02084].
Solar Keratosis No. 74 of 2012 [F2012L02085].
Veterans' Entitlements (Warlike Service - Operation Slipper) Determination 2012 [F2012L02032].
Water Charge (Termination Fees) Amendment Rules 2012 [F2012L02043].
Water Market Amendment Rules 2012 [F2012L02044].
Governor-General's Proclamation—Commencement of provisions of an Act—
Health Insurance Amendment (Extended Medicare Safety Net) Act 2012—Items 1 and 2 of Schedule 1—12 October 2012 [F2012L02022].