- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
SJ No 20 - 28 February 2011
- Parl No.
- System Id
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
Senate Journal No. 20 - 28 February 2011
- 1 MEETING OF SENATE
- 2 TREATIES—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 3 TELECOMMUNICATIONS INTERCEPTION AND INTELLIGENCE SERVICES LEGISLATION AMENDMENT BILL 2010
- 4 TAX LAWS AMENDMENT (TEMPORARY FLOOD AND CYCLONE RECONSTRUCTION LEVY) BILL 2011E INCOME TAX RATES AMENDMENT (TEMPORARY FLOOD AND CYCLONE RECONSTRUCTION LEVY) BILL 2011
- 5 MINISTRY AND MINISTERIAL ARRANGEMENTS
- 6 QUESTIONS
- 7 MOTION TO TAKE NOTE OF ANSWERS
- 8 DEATH OF FORMER MEMBER DR RICHARD (DICK) EMANUEL KLUGMAN
- 9 PETITIONS
- 10 NOTICES
- 11 LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- 12 PARLIAMENTARY BUDGET OFFICE—JOINT SELECT COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 13 GOVERNOR-GENERAL'S OPENING SPEECH—ADDRESS-IN-REPLY
- 14 NOTICE OF MOTION WITHDRAWN
- 15 POSTPONEMENTS
- 16 ADMINISTRATION—INFRASTRUCTURE INSURANCE ARRANGEMENTS
- 17 INDUSTRY—OIL SUPPLIES
- 18 DISCUSSION OF MATTER OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE—TAXATION—PROPOSED CARBON TAX
- 19 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—EGYPT—MINISTERIAL STATEMENT—DOCUMENT
- 20 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—LIBYA—MINISTERIAL STATEMENT—DOCUMENT
- 21 PUBLIC WORKS—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—1ST REPORT OF 2011
- 22 ECONOMICS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—TAX LAWS AMENDMENT (PUBLIC BENEFIT TEST) BILL 2010
- 23 FINANCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION—STANDING COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—RESIDENTIAL AND COMMUNITY AGED CARE IN AUSTRALIA
- 24 RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT REFERENCES COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—MANAGEMENT OF AIRCRAFT NOISE
- 25 ENVIRONMENT, COMMUNICATIONS AND THE ARTS—STANDING COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—REPORTING OF SPORTS NEWS AND THE EMERGENCE OF DIGITAL MEDIA
- 26 GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT
- 27 AUDITOR-GENERAL—AUDIT REPORTS NOS 28 TO 30 OF 2010-11—DOCUMENTS
- 28 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY CONTRACTS—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENT
- 29 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY APPOINTMENTS AND VACANCIES—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENTS
- 30 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY GRANTS—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENTS
- 31 CONSIDERATION OF DOCUMENTS
- 32 AUDITOR-GENERAL—AUDIT REPORT NO. 31 OF 2010-11—DOCUMENT
- 33 QUEENSLAND FLOODS—DOCUMENT
- 34 SCRUTINY OF NEW TAXES—SELECT COMMITTEE—REPORT—STUDENT AMENITIES FEE
- 35 PUBLIC ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—420TH REPORT
- 36 ASEAN INTER-PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY—31ST GENERAL ASSEMBLY—DOCUMENT
- 37 DOCUMENTS
- 38 HEALTH INSURANCE—ANTI-COMPETITIVE PRACTICES—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENT
- 39 INDEXED LISTS OF DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY FILES—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENT
- 40 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY CONTRACTS—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENTS
- 41 DEPARTMENTAL AND AGENCY APPOINTMENTS AND VACANCIES—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS—DOCUMENT
- 42 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 43 CRIMES LEGISLATION AMENDMENT BILL 2010 E WATER EFFICIENCY LABELLING AND STANDARDS AMENDMENT BILL 2010 
- 44 NATIONAL RADIOACTIVE WASTE MANAGEMENT BILL 2010E SCREEN AUSTRALIA (TRANSFER OF ASSETS) BILL 2010E STATUTE LAW REVISION BILL (NO. 2) 2010
- 45 FINANCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION—STANDING COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—RESIDENTIAL AND COMMUNITY AGED CARE IN AUSTRALIA—CONSIDERATION
- 46 ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION AND BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION (PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY) AMENDMENT BILL 2010
- 47 ECONOMICS REFERENCES COMMITTEE—REPORT—DECISION OF THE AUSTRALIAN COMPETITION AND CONSUMER COMMISSION ON THE PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF FRANKLINS BY METCASH TRADING LIMITED
- 48 TAX LAWS AMENDMENT (TEMPORARY FLOOD AND CYCLONE RECONSTRUCTION LEVY) BILL 2011E INCOME TAX RATES AMENDMENT (TEMPORARY FLOOD AND CYCLONE RECONSTRUCTION LEVY) BILL 2011
- 49 ADJOURNMENT
- 50 ATTENDANCE
The following documents were tabled by the Clerk:
[Legislative instruments are identified by a Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) number. An explanatory statement is tabled with an instrument unless otherwise indicated by an asterisk.]
Aged Care Act—Quality of Care Amendment Principles 2011 (No. 1) [F2011L00266].
Airports Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2011 No. 1—Airports Amendment Regulations 2011 (No. 1) [F2011L00219].
Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2005-2006—Determination to Reduce Appropriations Upon Request (No. 6 of 2010-2011) [F2011L00214].
Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2009-2010—Determination to Reduce Appropriations Upon Request (No. 7 of 2010-2011) [F2011L00218].
Appropriation Act (No. 1) 2009-2010 and Appropriation Act (No. 4) 2004-2005—Determination to Reduce Appropriations Upon Request (No. 4 of 2010-2011) [F2011L00211].
Australian Prudential Regulation Authority Act—Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Confidentiality) Determination No. 5 of 2011—Information provided by locally-incorporated banks and foreign ADIs under Reporting Standard ARS 320.0 [F2011L00306].
Australian Research Council Act—
Discovery Projects Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2012 [F2011L00304].
Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2011 [F2011L00301].
Civil Aviation Act—
Civil Aviation Regulations—Instruments Nos CASA—
54/11—Instructions - for approved use of P-RNAV procedures [F2011L00295].
57/11—Permission - flying over a public gathering at the Australian International Air Show, Avalon; Permission - flying below minimum height at the Australian International Air Show, Avalon [F2011L00296].
62/11—Instructions - for approved use of P-RNAV procedures [F2011L00299].
81/11—Instructions - for approved use of P-RNAV procedures (Express Freighters, B767-300F aircraft) [F2011L00307].
EX05/11—Exemption - use of radiocommunication systems in firefighting operations (New South Wales Rural Fire Service) [F2011L00066].
EX12/11—Exemption under regulation 308 of CAR 1988 - carriage of cockpit voice recorders and flight data recorders [F2011L00221].
EX13/11—Exemption - power-assisted glider at the Australian International Air Show, Avalon [F2011L00283].
EX17/11—Exemption - display of landing lights and navigation and anti-collision lights [F2011L00286].
EX18/11—Exemption - night acrobatic flight [F2011L00285].
EX19/11—Exemption - landing on moving vehicle [F2011L00284].
EX23/11—Exemption - operations by sport and recreational aircraft in restricted area R979A [F2011L00300].
Civil Aviation Safety Regulations—
AD/AB139/3 Amdt 1—Fin Assembly [F2011L00275].
AD/CF6/65 Amdt 2—ECU Software Upgrade [F2011L00232].
AD/CF6/70 Amdt 1—Low Pressure Turbine Case [F2011L00236].
11/1198—Alternative Means of Compliance to FAA Airworthiness Directive 2009-26-11 [F2011L00287].
CASA EX16/11—Exemption - for cabin crew member to use passenger seat [F2011L00260].
Manual of Standards Part 66 Instrument 2011 [F2011L00280].
Manual of Standards Part 145 Instrument 2011 [F2011L00281].
Manual of Standards Part 147 Instrument 2011 [F2011L00282].
Part 42 Manual of Standards Instrument 2011 [F2011L00279].
Revocation of Airworthiness Directives—Instrument No. CASA ADCX 003/11 [F2011L00216].
Commissioner of Taxation—Public Rulings—
Class Rulings CR 2011/8-CR 2011/20.
Addenda—TD 92/164 and TD 92/198.
Errata—TD 50W, TD 93/37W and TD 2006/51A.
Addenda—TR 93/3 and TR 98/2.
Commonwealth Places (Mirror Taxes) Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2011 No. 2—Commonwealth Places (Mirror Taxes) Amendment Regulations 2011 (No. 1) [F2011L00239].
Competition and Consumer Act—Consumer Protection Notices Nos—
12 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Combustible Candle Holders [F2011L00220].
13 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Inflatable Toys, Novelties and Furniture Containing Beads [F2011L00222].
14 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Miniature Motorbikes (Monkey Bikes) with Unsafe Design Features [F2011L00224].
15 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Novelty Cigarettes [F2011L00225].
16 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Pools and Spas with Unsafe Design Features [F2011L00223].
17 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Sky Lanterns [F2011L00227].
18 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Toy-Like Novelty Cigarette Lighters [F2011L00228].
19 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Undeclared Knives or Cutters in Art, Craft and Stationery Sets [F2011L00229].
20 of 2011—Permanent Ban on Yo-Yo Water Balls [F2011L00230].
Accounting Standard AASB 2010-8—Amendments to Australian Accounting Standards - Deferred Tax: Recovery of Underlying Assets [F2011L00308].
ASIC Class Orders—
[CO 11/128] [F2011L00289].
[CO 11/140] [F2011L00278].
ASIC Market Integrity Rules (ASX Market) Amendment 2011 (No. 1) [F2011L00217].
Customs Act—Tariff Concession Orders—
Defence Act—Determinations under section 58B—Defence Determinations—
2011/8—Disturbance and motor vehicle allowance - amendment.
2011/9—Post indexes - amendment.
2011/10—Member with dependants (unaccompanied) - amendment.
2011/11—Salary non-reduction - Flight test engineers - amendment.
Education Services for Overseas Students Act—ESOS Assurance Fund 2011 Contributions Criteria [F2011L00233].
Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act—
Amendments of lists of—
Exempt native specimens—EPBC303DC/SFS/2011/05 [F2011L00294].
Specimens taken to be suitable for live import—
Threatened species, dated—
23 December 2010—
20 January 2011 [F2011L00258].
2 February 2011 [F2011L00288].
4 February 2011 [F2011L00290].
Notice of proposed accreditation of the Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery Management Plan 2010, dated 24 February 2011 and attachments .
Federal Financial Relations Act—
Federal Financial Relations (General purpose financial assistance) Determinations—
No. 20 (November 2010) [F2011L00277].
No. 22 (January 2011) [F2011L00231].
Federal Financial Relations (National Partnership payments) Determination No. 30 (February 2011) [F2011L00243].
Fisheries Management Act—
Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery Management Plan 2010—ETBF Fishing Season Determination 2011 [F2011L00234].
Fisheries Closures (Saving) Direction 2011 [F2011L00273].
Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery Management Plan 1995—Southern Bluefin Tuna Verified Count Determination 2011 [F2011L00235].
Food Standards Australia New Zealand Act—Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code - Amendment No. 121 - 2011 [F2011L00213].
Higher Education Support Act—Higher Education Provider Approvals Nos—
2 of 2011—TOP Education Group Pty Ltd [F2011L00241].
3 of 2011—Technical and Further Education Commission [F2011L00272].
Income Tax Assessment Act 1936—Select Legislative Instruments 2011 Nos—
3—Income Tax Amendment Regulations 2011 (No. 1) [F2011L00244].
4—Income Tax Amendment Regulations 2011 (No. 2) [F2011L00247].
Income Tax Assessment Act 1997—
Film Certification Advisory Board Rules 2008 (Amendment No. 1 of 2011) [F2011L00276].
Select Legislative Instrument 2011 No. 5—Income Tax Assessment Amendment Regulations 2011 (No. 1) [F2011L00251].
Migration Agents Regulations—Office of the MARA Notices—
MN07-11b of 2011—Migration Agents (Continuing Professional Development - Distance Learning) [F2011L00261].
MN07-11c of 2011—Migration Agents (Continuing Professional Development - Seminar) [F2011L00257].
MN07-11e of 2011—Migration Agents (Continuing Professional Development - Workshop) [F2011L00254].
MN07-11f of 2011—Migration Agents (Continuing Professional Development - Miscellaneous Activities) [F2011L00253].
Migration Regulations—Instruments IMMI—
10/085—Specification of occupations for nominations in relation to Subclass 457 (Business (Long Stay)) and Subclass 442 (Occupational Trainee) Visas [F2011L00246].
10/086—Level of salary and exemptions to the English language requirement for Subclass 457 (Business (Long Stay)) Visas [F2011L00249].
Statements for period 1 July to 31 December 2010 under sections—
Motor Vehicle Standards Act—
Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 80/03 - Emission Control for Heavy Vehicles) 2006 Amendment 1 [F2011L00264].
Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 81/02 - Fuel Consumption Labelling for Light Vehicles) 2008 Amendment 4 [F2011L00271].
National Health Act—
Continence Aids Payment Scheme Variation 2011 (No. 2) [F2011L00215].
Instruments Nos PB—
14 of 2011—National Health (Listing of Pharmaceutical Benefits) Amendment Instrument 2011 (No. 3) [F2011L00302].
15 of 2011—National Health (Price and Special Patient Contribution) Amendment Determination 2011 (No. 2) [F2011L00298].
Private Health Insurance Act—Private Health Insurance (Prostheses) Amendment Rules 2011 (No. 1) [F2011L00274].
Remuneration Tribunal Act—Determination 2011/01: Remuneration and Allowances for Holders of Public Office [F2011L00267].
Social Security Act—
Social Security (Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment) Determination 2011 (No. 5) [F2011L00242].
Social Security (Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payments) Determination 2011 (No. 6) [F2011L00255].
Taxation Administration Act—Select Legislative Instrument 2011 No. 6—Taxation Administration Amendment Regulations 2011 (No. 1) [F2011L00250].
Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act—
Telecommunications (Interception and Access) (Emergency Service Facilities - New South Wales) Instrument 2011 [F2011L00305].
Telecommunications (Interception and Access) (Staff Members of Tasmania and South Australia Police) Declaration 2011 [F2011L00237].
Veterans' Entitlements Act—Instrument No. R5/2011—Veterans' Entitlements (Weekly Payments - Class of Persons) Specification 2011 [F2011L00240].
Water Act—Water Charge (Termination Fees) Amendment Rules 2011 [F2011L00270].
Governor-General's Proclamation—Commencement of provisions of an Act
Financial Framework Legislation Amendment Act 2010—Schedule 5—1 March 2011 [F2011L00245].