- Parliamentary Business
- Senators and Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
SJ No 14 - 24 November 2010
- Parl No.
- System Id
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
Senate Journal No. 14 - 24 November 2010
- 1 MEETING OF SENATE
- 2 GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS
- 3 CONSIDERATION OF LEGISLATION
- 4 LEGISLATION COMMITTEES—ESTIMATES HEARINGS
- 5 TELECOMMUNICATIONS LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (COMPETITION AND CONSUMER SAFEGUARDS) BILL 2010
- 6 MATTERS OF PUBLIC INTEREST
- 7 QUESTIONS
- 8 MOTION TO TAKE NOTE OF ANSWER
- 9 NOTICES
- 10 POSTPONEMENTS
- 11 DEATH OF PROFESSOR FRANK FENNER, AC, CMG, MBE, FAA, FRS
- 12 FOREIGN AFFAIRS, DEFENCE AND TRADE REFERENCES COMMITTEE—REFERENCE
- 13 ENVIRONMENT—TASMANIA—FORESTS
- 14 WOMEN—INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ELIMINATION OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
- 15 ENVIRONMENT—HOME INSULATION SAFETY PROGRAM—FOIL INSULATION SAFETY PROGRAM—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS
- 16 LAW AND JUSTICE—HUMAN RIGHTS—HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND SLAVERY
- 17 FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES—VOLUNTEERS
- 18 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—IRAN—SAKINEH MOHAMMADI-ASHTIANI
- 19 CORPORATIONS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 20 FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES—PALLIATIVE CARE
- 21 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—PHILIPPINES
- 22 ADMINISTRATION—DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, EMPLOYMENT AND WORKPLACE RELATIONS—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENT
- 23 COMMUNICATIONS—NATIONAL BROADBAND NETWORK—BUSINESS CASE—PROPOSED ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENT
- 24 ENVIRONMENT—CLIMATE CHANGE
- 25 COMMUNICATIONS—NATIONAL BROADBAND NETWORK—BUSINESS CASE—PROPOSED ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENT—STATEMENT BY LEAVE
- 26 FOREIGN ACQUISITIONS AMENDMENT (AGRICULTURAL LAND) BILL 2010
- 27 PATENT AMENDMENT (HUMAN GENES AND BIOLOGICAL MATERIALS) BILL 2010
- 28 DISCUSSION OF MATTER OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE—HEALTH—MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
- 29 SCRUTINY OF BILLS—STANDING COMMITTEE—10TH REPORT AND ALERT DIGEST NO. 10 OF 2010
- 30 FINANCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION REFERENCES COMMITTEE—MATTER REFERRED TO COMMITTEE IN PREVIOUS PARLIAMENT
- 31 COMMUNITY AFFAIRS REFERENCES COMMITTEE—REPORT—CONSUMER ACCESS TO PHARMACEUTICAL BENEFITS
- 32 PUBLIC WORKS—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—4TH REPORT OF 2010
- 33 ENVIRONMENT—MONTARA COMMISSION OF INQUIRY—MINISTERIAL STATEMENT—DOCUMENTS
- 34 COMMUNITY AFFAIRS REFERENCES COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—SUICIDE IN AUSTRALIA
- 35 AUSTRALIAN PARLIAMENTARY DELEGATION TO THE 122ND ASSEMBLY OF THE INTER-PARLIAMENTARY UNION AND A BILATERAL VISIT TO THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA—DOCUMENT
- 36 PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE REPORTS—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—PRESIDENT'S REPORT ON GOVERNMENT RESPONSES
- 37 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 38 HUMAN RIGHTS (PARLIAMENTARY SCRUTINY) BILL 2010E HUMAN RIGHTS (PARLIAMENTARY SCRUTINY) (CONSEQUENTIAL PROVISIONS) BILL 2010E NATIONAL BROADCASTING LEGISLATION AMENDMENT BILL 2010
- 39 FAMILY ASSISTANCE LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (CHILD CARE BUDGET MEASURES) BILL 2010
- 40 FAMILY LAW AMENDMENT (VALIDATION OF CERTAIN PARENTING ORDERS AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2010E HEALTH INSURANCE AMENDMENT (PATHOLOGY REQUESTS) BILL 2010
- 41 NATIONAL MEASUREMENT AMENDMENT BILL 2010
- 42 GOVERNOR-GENERAL'S MESSAGE—ASSENT TO LAW
- 43 HOURS OF MEETING AND ROUTINE OF BUSINESS—PROPOSED VARIATION
- 44 ADJOURNMENT
- 45 ATTENDANCE
The following documents were tabled:
Aged Care Act 1997—Report for 2009-10 on the operation of the Act.
Anglo-Australian Telescope Board—Anglo-Australian Observatory (AAO)—Report for 2009-10 [Final report].
Australian Crime Commission (ACC)—Report for 2009-10.
Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency—Quarterly report for the period 1 July to 30 September 2010.
Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA)—Report for 2009-10.
Cotton Research and Development Corporation—Report for 2009-10.
Department of Defence—Reports for 2009-10—
Volume 1—Department of Defence, including reports on the administration and operation of the Defence Force (Home Loans Assistance) Act 1990 and the Defence Home Ownership Assistance Scheme Act 2008.
Volume 2—Defence Materiel Organisation.
IIF Investments Pty Limited and IIF Foundation Pty Limited—Reports for 2009-10.
Safe Work Australia—Report for the period 1 November 2009 to 30 June 2010.
Tiwi Land Council—Report for 2009-10.
Bilateral—Text, together with national interest analysis and annexure—
Agreement between the Government of Australia and the Government of the United Mexican States relating to Air Services, done at Mexico City on 9 April 2010.
Air Services Agreement between the Government of Australia and the Government of the Republic of Turkey, done at Ankara on 28 April 2010.
Air Services Agreement between the Government of the Federative Republic of Brazil and the Government of Australia, done at Brasilia on 21 April 2010.
Explanatory statements 2010—
No. 5—Amendments to the Schedule to the International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling, done at Washington on 2 December 1946  ATS 18 done at Agadir, Morocco 21-25 June 2010.
No. 6—Amendments to the Plant Protection Agreement for the Asia and Pacific Region adopted in November 1999 by the FAO Council.
No. 7—Amendment to Annex I of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) International Convention Against Doping in Sport of 19 October 2005.
No. 8—Amendment to Annex II of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) International Convention Against Doping in Sport of 19 October 2005.
International Labour Organization Convention No. 186: Maritime Labour Convention, done at Geneva on 7 February 2006—Text, together with national interest analysis, regulation impact statement and annexures.
Text, together with national interest analysis and annexure—
International Labour Organization Convention No. 175: Part-Time Work, adopted at Geneva on 24 June 1994.
International Labour Organization Protocol of 2002 to Convention No. 155 concerning Occupational Safety and Health and the Working Environment, 1981, adopted at Geneva on 20 June 2002.