- Parliamentary Business
- Senators and Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
Leave of Absence
- Parl No.
- Question No.
Joyce, Sen Barnaby
- System Id
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload Current Hansard View/Save XML
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
- Start of Business
- Tax Laws Amendment (Fairer Taxation of Excess Concessional Contributions) Bill 2013, Superannuation (Excess Concessional Contributions Charge) Bill 2013
- Health and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2012
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Legislation Amendment Bill 2013
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Bill 2013
- Tax Laws Amendment (2013 Measures No. 1) Bill 2013, Tax Laws Amendment (2013 Measures No. 2) Bill 2013, Tax Laws Amendment (2013 Measures No. 3) Bill 2013
- Higher Education Support Amendment (Asian Century) Bill 2013
- Social Security Amendment (Supporting More Australians into Work) Bill 2013
- Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2013-2014, Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2013-2014, Appropriation Bill (No. 2) 2013-2014
- Sugar Research and Development Services Bill 2013, Sugar Research and Development Services (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2013, Sugar Research and Development Services (Consequential Amendments—Excise) Bill 2013
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Amendment Bill 2013, International Organisations (Privileges and Immunities) Amendment Bill 2013
- Aged Care (Living Longer Living Better) Bill 2013, Sex Discrimination Amendment (Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Intersex Status) Bill 2013
- Grape and Wine Legislation Amendment (Australian Grape and Wine Authority) Bill 2013, Primary Industries (Customs) Charges Amendment (Australian Grape and Wine Authority) Bill 2013, Primary Industries (Excise) Levies Amendment (Australian Grape and Wine Authority) Bill 2013, Rural Research and Development Legislation Amendment Bill 2013, Primary Industries (Customs) Charges Amendment Bill 2013, Primary Industries (Excise) Levies Amendment Bill 2013, Homelessness Bill 2013, Homelessness (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2013, Intellectual Property Laws Amendment Bill 2013
- Superannuation Legislation Amendment (Service Providers and Other Governance Measures) Bill 2013, Social Security Legislation Amendment (Disaster Recovery Allowance) Bill 2013, Water Efficiency Labelling and Standards (Registration Fees) Bill 2013, Water Efficiency Labelling and Standards Amendment (Registration Fees) Bill 2013, Customs Tariff Amendment (Incorporation of Proposals) Bill 2013, Indigenous Education (Targeted Assistance) Amendment Bill 2013
Friday, 28 June 2013
Senator JOYCE (Queensland—Leader of The Nationals in the Senate) (15:22): Mr President, I have never had to say so many goodbyes when my full intention is to come back, but, at the end of the 43rd Parliament, I would like to thank you, first and foremost, for the extremely dignified way that you have held the chair. I would like to thank the attendants. I would like to thank government members. I would like to thank those who we do not see but who have so much to do with this place. I would especially like to thank the carpenter who knocked me up a rather neat little statue downstairs.
First and foremost, to every person who is driving and spending the period away: I hope you drive safely. If it is the case, and it seems to be the case, that the next time we see each other is engaged in the field of a political battle, I hope that we can all engage in that battle in such a way that we do the very best in representing our philosophical, personal and political views but leave that engagement in such a way that we can still call on other people as our colleagues and possibly even our friends.
To Senator Crossin: I wish you all the very best for your future. I know that your dedication to this chamber has been exemplary and you will go on to do other things. I am sure that this is merely a corner in the road, not the end of the road, for you.
For Senator Humphries likewise. It is only you and Senator Ursula Stephens, I think, who have the unusual quality that I cannot think of anything you have ever done that has been bad. I do not think you have ever played up. In fact, I think you are quite boring! No, the way you have conducted yourself has been an absolute credit to you through your parliamentary career, and you are something that other people should guide themselves by.
To all the rest: God bless.