- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of Contents
Download Word Download PDF
Bill home page
Table Of Contents
- Part 1—Preliminary
- Part 2—Appropriation items
- Part 3—Adjusting appropriation items
- Part 4—General drawing rights limits
- Part 5—Miscellaneous
Content WindowAppropriation Bill (No. 4) 2011-2012
If any of the purposes of a Special Account is a purpose that is covered by an item (whether or not the item expressly refers to the Special Account), then amounts may be debited against the appropriation for that item and credited to that Special Account.
(1) This section applies to any payment made out of money appropriated by a State, ACT, NT and local government item for an outcome specified in column 2 of the table in Schedule 1.
(2) The payment:
(a) must be made on the terms and conditions (if any) from time to time determined, in the way described in subsection (3), as applying to payments made:
(i) in relation to the outcome; and
(ii) to or for a State, the Australian Capital Territory, the Northern Territory or a local government authority; and
(iii) out of money appropriated by an annual Appropriation Act; and
(b) must be made in accordance with any determination in writing made by the Minister specified, in column 4 of the table in Schedule 1, for the outcome as to amounts and times of payments.
(3) The way of determining the terms and conditions applying to payments described in paragraph (2)(a) is for the Minister specified, in column 3 of the table in Schedule 1, for the outcome to make the determination in writing before or after the commencement of this Act.
(4) Determinations mentioned in paragraph (2)(a) and determinations made under paragraph (2)(b) are not legislative instruments.
(5) This section does not limit the Commonwealth’s power to:
(a) apply terms and conditions to payments made out of money that is not appropriated by a State, ACT, NT and local government item; or
(b) determine the amounts and times of those payments.
The Consolidated Revenue Fund is appropriated as necessary for the purposes of this Act, including the operation of this Act as affected by the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 .