- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of Contents
Download Word Download PDF
Bill home page
Table Of Contents
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
Electoral and Referendum Amendment (Modernisation
and Other Measures) Bill 2010
- Schedule 1—Publishing forms and information about places to vote
- Schedule 2—Evidence of identity for enrolment
- Schedule 3—Age 16 enrolment
- Schedule 4—Electoral rolls, related lists and ballot papers
- Schedule 5—Mobile polling
- Schedule 6—Postal voting
- Schedule 7—Other amendments relating to rolls and enrolment
- Schedule 8—Eligibility for early voting
- Schedule 9—Minor technical amendments
- Electoral and Referendum Amendment (Modernisation and Other Measures) Bill 2010
Content WindowElectoral and Referendum Amendment (Modernisation and Other Measures) Bill 2010
1 At the end of section 90A
(5) A right of inspection under this section does not include the right to copy or record by electronic means the Roll or a part of the Roll.
2 After subsection 90B(8A)
(8B) Paragraph (8A)(d) does not apply in relation to the postal address of a person who is a general postal voter.
3 At the end of subsection 91A(2B)
; and (c) any other purpose that is prescribed by the regulations for the purposes of this paragraph.
4 Paragraph 96(1)(b)
Repeal the paragraph, substitute:
(b) is not entitled to be enrolled for any Subdivision because:
(i) the person does not reside in any Subdivision; or
(ii) the person is a homeless person;
5 At the end of paragraph 96(7)(a)
6 After paragraph 96(7)(a)
(aa) if subparagraph (1)(b)(ii) applied in relation to the application—ceases to be a homeless person; or
7 Subsection 96(7)
After “paragraph (a),”, insert “(aa),”.
8 After subsection 96(8)
(8A) Paragraph (7)(a) and subsection (8) do not apply in relation to a homeless person.
(8B) Subject to subsection (9), if:
(a) a person is being treated as an itinerant elector under this section because the person is a homeless person; and
(b) the person ceases to be a homeless person;
the person ceases to be eligible to be treated as an itinerant elector under this section upon ceasing to be a homeless person.
9 Paragraph 96(9)(a)
Repeal the paragraph.
10 Subsection 96(10)
After “subsection (8)”, insert “, (8B)”.
11 Subsection 96(13)
homeless person includes:
(a) a person living in:
(i) crisis accommodation; or
(ii) transitional accommodation; and
(b) a person who has inadequate access to safe and secure
housing within the meaning of section 4 of the Supported
Accommodation Assistance Act 1994 .
12 Application of amendments
The amendments made by items 2 and 3 apply in relation to information provided on or after the commencement of those items.