- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
HVP No 40 - 25 May 2011
House Votes and Proceedings
House of Reps
- Main Committee
- System Id
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
House Votes and Proceedings
- 1 MEETING OF THE HOUSE
- 2 NAVIGATION AMENDMENT BILL 2011
- 3 PROTECTION OF THE SEA (PREVENTION OF POLLUTION FROM SHIPS) AMENDMENT (OIL TRANSFERS) BILL 2011
- 4 OFFSHORE PETROLEUM AND GREENHOUSE GAS STORAGE AMENDMENT (NATIONAL REGULATOR) BILL 2011
- 5 OFFSHORE PETROLEUM AND GREENHOUSE GAS STORAGE (REGISTRATION FEES) AMENDMENT BILL 2011
- 6 OFFSHORE PETROLEUM (ROYALTY) AMENDMENT BILL 2011
- 7 OFFSHORE RESOURCES LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (PERSONAL PROPERTY SECURITIES) BILL 2011
- 8 OFFSHORE PETROLEUM AND GREENHOUSE GAS STORAGE REGULATORY LEVIES LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (2011 MEASURES NO. 2) BILL 2011
- 9 DEATH OF FORMER MEMBER (THE HONOURABLE RALPH JAMES DUNNET HUNT)—CONDOLENCE MOTION—REPORT FROM MAIN COMMITTEE
- 10 CUSTOMS AMENDMENT (ANTI-DUMPING MEASURES) BILL 2011—REPORT FROM MAIN COMMITTEE
- 11 TAX LAWS AMENDMENT (2011 MEASURES NO. 3) BILL 2011—REPORT FROM MAIN COMMITTEE
- 12 TAX LAWS AMENDMENT (MEDICARE LEVY AND MEDICARE LEVY SURCHARGE) BILL 2011—REPORT FROM MAIN COMMITTEE
- 13 ACTS INTERPRETATION AMENDMENT BILL 2011—REPORT FROM MAIN COMMITTEE
- 14 MIGRATION AMENDMENT (COMPLEMENTARY PROTECTION) BILL 2011
- 15 CARBON CREDITS (CARBON FARMING INITIATIVE) BILL 2011
- 16 MEMBERS’ STATEMENTS
- 17 DEATH OF SERGEANT BRETT WOOD
- 18 QUESTIONS
- 19 LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF THE NORTHERN TERRITORY—PROPOSED CARBON EMISSIONS TAXES
- 20 SELECTION COMMITTEE—REPORT
- 21 AUDITOR-GENERAL’S REPORT
- 22 DOCUMENTS
- 23 DISCUSSION OF MATTER OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE—COST OF LIVING
- 24 MONTARA COMMISSION OF INQUIRY—MINISTERIAL STATEMENT
- 25 SELECTION COMMITTEE—MEMBERSHIP
- 26 ELECTORAL MATTERS—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—MEMBERSHIP
- 27 CARBON CREDITS (CARBON FARMING INITIATIVE) BILL 2011
- 28 ADJOURNMENT
- Main Committee
Questions without notice being asked—
Mr Butler (Minister for Mental Health and Ageing) presented the following documents:
Effects of dissuasive packaging on young adult smokers—Copy of article from the Tobacco Control website, accessed 24 May 2011.
Effects on brand perceptions of plain packaging and size of graphic health warnings among adult smokers and adolescents in Australia—Copy of article from the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco.
Adolescents’ perceptions of cigarette brand image: Does plain packaging make a difference?—Copy of article from the Journal of Adolescent Health, 24 September 2009.
Impact of female-oriented cigarette packaging in the United States—Copy of article from the Nicotine & Tobacco Research Advance Access, 12 April 2011.
Tobacco packaging as promotion—Copy of article from the Tobacco Control website, accessed 24 May 2011.
Plain packaging increases visual attention to health warnings on cigarette packs in non-smokers and weekly smokers but not daily smokers—Copy of article from the Society for the Study of Addiction.
The impact of cigarette package design on perceptions of risk—Copy of article from the Journal of Public Health Advance Access, 27 July 2009.
Effects of plain packaging on the image of tobacco products among youth—Copy of article prepared by Centre for Health Promotion, University of Toronto, 30 November 1993.
Plain cigarette packaging and other tobacco issues: A survey of grade 7 and grade 9 Ontario students—Copy of article from Institute for social research newsletter, York University, Autumn 1995.
The effect of plain packaging on response to health warnings—Copy of article from the American Journal of Public Health, September 1999.
The promotional impact of cigarette packaging: A study of adolescent responses to cigarette plain packs—Copy of article from the Department of Marketing, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
Trust us: We’re the tobacco industry—Campaign for tobacco-free kids (USA) and Action on smoking and Health (UK), May 2001.
The cigarette pack as image: New evidence from tobacco industry documents—Copy of article from the Tobacco Control website, accessed 24 May 2011.
Beyond light and mild: Cigarette brand descriptors and perceptions of risk in the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey—Copy of article from the Society for the Study of Addiction.
Deadly in pink: The impact of cigarette packaging among young women—Copy of article from the Tobacco Control website, accessed 24 May 2011.
Plain packaging regulations for tobacco products: The impact of standardizing the color and design of cigarette packs—Copy of article from salud pÃºblica de mÃ©xico, 2010.
Plain packaging: A time for action—Copy of article from the European Journal of Public Health.
Making the pack the hero, Tobacco Industry response to marketing restrictions in the UK: Findings from a long-term audit—Copy of article from Alcohol and other Drugs Council of Australia, 25 May 2011.
Is your package an effective communicator? A normative framework for increasing the communicative competence of packaging—Journal of Marketing Communications, 1998.
Plain packaging of tobacco products: A review of the evidence—Article prepared by Quit Victoria, Cancer Council of Victoria, May 2011.
Questions without notice continuing—
Member directed to leave
At 3.25 p.m. the Member for Dawson (Mr Christensen) was directed, under standing order 94, to leave the Chamber for one hour for continuing to interject after a warning had been given from the Chair, and he accordingly left the Chamber.
Questions without notice continued.