- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
23 February 2011
* 205 MR SIMPKINS: To ask the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship—
(1) In the 2010 and 2011 calendar years, h ow many irregular maritime arrivals from Sri Lanka and Afghanistan who have been or are being processed by Australian authorities on Christmas Island or elsewhere, were in possession of a passport or identity document when detained.
(2) For the same period, how many irregular maritime arrivals who commenced their journey from Sri Lanka or Afghanistan and have been or are being processed by Australian authorities on Christmas Island or elsewhere, utilised aircraft at any stage of their journey before embarking on a boat.
* 206 MR SCOTT: To ask the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport—
(1) Since the introduction of the Road Charges Legislation Repeal and Amendment Bill 2008, how many rest stops have been built in the Maranoa electorate as a result of the $70 million four year Heavy Vehicle Safety Package, and on which highways, local roads and main roads are they located.
(2) Would the Government consider building further rest stops in the Maranoa electorate.
B. C. WRIGHT
Clerk of the House of Representatives