- Parliamentary Business
- Senators and Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
SJ No 121 - 1 November 2012
COMMITTEE REPORTS AND GOVERNMENT RESPONSES—ORDERS OF THE DAY—CONSIDERATION
- Parl No.
- System Id
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
Senate Journal No. 121 - 1 November 2012
- 1 MEETING OF SENATE
- 2 ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION AND BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION AMENDMENT (MAKING MARINE PARKS ACCOUNTABLE) BILL 2012
- 3 PETITION
- 4 NOTICES
- 5 SELECTION OF BILLS—STANDING COMMITTEE—REPORT NO. 14 OF 2012
- 6 ORDER OF BUSINESS—REARRANGEMENT
- 7 DAYS OF MEETING
- 8 LEGISLATION COMMITTEES—ESTIMATES HEARINGS
- 9 ROUTINE OF BUSINESS—VARIATION
- 10 RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT REFERENCES COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 11 LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- 12 POSTPONEMENT
- 13 FINANCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION REFERENCES COMMITTEE—REFERENCE
- 14 FOREIGN AFFAIRS, DEFENCE AND TRADE REFERENCES COMMITTEE—EXTENSION OF TIME TO REPORT
- 15 FOREIGN AFFAIRS, DEFENCE AND TRADE—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTINGS
- 16 RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT REFERENCES COMMITTEE—EXTENSION OF TIME TO REPORT
- 17 COMMUNITY AFFAIRS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTINGS
- 18 COMMUNITY AFFAIRS REFERENCES COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTINGS
- 19 RURAL AND REGIONAL AFFAIRS AND TRANSPORT LEGISLATION COMMITTEE—LEAVE TO MEET DURING SITTING
- 20 HEALTH—INTERNATIONAL BRAIN TUMOUR AWARENESS WEEK
- 21 HEALTH—ASIA PACIFIC REGION—MALARIA
- 22 CONSIDERATION OF LEGISLATION
- 23 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—GLOBAL HYDRO FLUOROCARBONS PHASE-OUT
- 24 FINANCE—CLEAN ENERGY COSTINGS—PROPOSED ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS
- 25 FINANCE—MINERALS RESOURCE RENT TAX COSTINGS—PROPOSED ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS
- 26 FOREIGN AFFAIRS—INDIA—KOODANKULAM NUCLEAR POWER PLANT—PROTESTERS
- 27 FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES—NEWSTART
- 28 INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIANS—COMMUNITY SAFETY AND WELLBEING RESEARCH STUDY—PROPOSED ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENT
- 29 INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIANS—NORTHERN TERRITORY EMERGENCY RESPONSE—ORDER FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS
- 30 INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIANS—HEALING FOUNDATION
- 31 GAMBLING REFORM—JOINT SELECT COMMITTEE—REFERENCE
- 32 ADMINISTRATION—BUSHFIRES
- 33 COMMITTEES—ADDITIONAL INFORMATION—ESTIMATES
- 34 PUBLICATIONS—STANDING COMMITTEE—21ST REPORT
- 35 ELECTRICITY PRICES—SELECT COMMITTEE—REPORT
- 36 HIGHER EDUCATION SUPPORT AMENDMENT (MAXIMUM PAYMENT AMOUNTS AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2012
- 37 SOCIAL SECURITY AND OTHER LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (FURTHER 2012 BUDGET AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2012
- 38 COMMONWEALTH GOVERNMENT SECURITIES LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (RETAIL TRADING) BILL 2012
- 39 MIGRATION LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (STUDENT VISAS) BILL 2012
- 40 ELECTRICITY PRICES—SELECT COMMITTEE—REPORT—CONSIDERATION
- 41 QUESTIONS
- 42 MOTIONS TO TAKE NOTE OF ANSWERS
- 43 ENVIRONMENT, COMMUNICATIONS, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND THE ARTS REFERENCES COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—WOMEN IN SPORT AND RECREATION IN AUSTRALIA
- 44 LAW ENFORCEMENT—JOINT STATUTORY COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—EXAMINATION OF THE AUSTRALIAN CRIME COMMISSION AND THE AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL POLICE ANNUAL REPORTS FOR 2010-11
- 45 MIGRATION—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—MIGRATION TREATMENT OF DISABILITY
- 46 TREATIES—JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE—GOVERNMENT RESPONSE—125TH REPORT
- 47 WOMEN—AFFORDABLE HOUSING—DOCUMENT
- 48 AUDITOR-GENERAL—AUDIT REPORT NO. 9 OF 2012-13—DOCUMENT
- 49 ELECTORAL AND REFERENDUM AMENDMENT (IMPROVING ELECTORAL PROCEDURE) BILL 2012—EXPLANATORY MEMORANDUM
- 50 DOCUMENTS
- 51 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 52 AUSTRALIAN CHARITIES AND NOT-FOR-PROFITS COMMISSION BILL 2012E AUSTRALIAN CHARITIES AND NOT-FOR-PROFITS COMMISSION (CONSEQUENTIAL AND TRANSITIONAL) BILL 2012
- 53 FAIR WORK AMENDMENT BILL 2012
- 54 PRIMARY INDUSTRIES—AUSTRALIAN AGRICULTURE—BIOSECURITY AND QUARANTINE MATTERS
- 55 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR WOMEN IN THE WORKPLACE AMENDMENT BILL 2012
- 56 GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS—ORDERS OF THE DAY—CONSIDERATION
- 57 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 58 FAIR WORK AMENDMENT (TRANSFER OF BUSINESS) BILL 2012E PERSONAL LIABILITY FOR CORPORATE FAULT REFORM BILL 2012
- 59 CONSTITUTIONAL RECOGNITION OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT—JOINT SELECT COMMITTEE—APPOINTMENT
- 60 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- 61 ELECTRICITY PRICES—SELECT COMMITTEE—REPORT—CONSIDERATION
- 62 COMMITTEE REPORTS AND GOVERNMENT RESPONSES—ORDERS OF THE DAY—CONSIDERATION
- 63 AUDITOR-GENERAL'S REPORTS—ORDERS OF THE DAY—CONSIDERATION
- 64 ADJOURNMENT
- 65 ATTENDANCE
COMMITTEE REPORTS AND GOVERNMENT RESPONSES—ORDERS OF THE DAY—CONSIDERATION
The following orders of the day relating to committee reports and government responses were considered:
Gambling Reform—Joint Select Committee—Third report—The prevention and treatment of problem gambling. Motion to take note of report moved by Senator Fierravanti-Wells. Debate adjourned till the next day of sitting, Senator Fierravanti-Wells in continuation.
Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade References Committee—Final report—Procurement procedures for Defence capital projects—Government response. Motion to take note of document moved by Senator Fawcett. Debate adjourned till the next day of sitting, Senator Fawcett in continuation.
Corporations and Financial Services—Joint Statutory Committee—Reports—Inquiry into the Personal Liability for Corporate Fault Reform Bill 2012—Inquiry into the Tax Laws Amendment (Clean Building Managed Investment Trust) Bill 2012. Motion of Senator Boyce to take note of reports agreed to.
Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade—Joint Standing Committee—Report—Australia's overseas representation - Punching below our weight? Motion of Senator Moore to take note of report agreed to.
Treaties—Joint Standing Committee—Report 130—Treaty tabled on 14 August 2012. Motion of Senator McKenzie to take note of report called on. On the motion of Senator Back debate was adjourned till the next day of sitting.
Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Legislation Committee—Final report—Defence Trade Controls Bill 2011 [Provisions]. Motion of the chair of the committee (Senator Stephens) to take note of report agreed to.
Community Affairs References Committee—Report—Palliative care in Australia. Motion of the chair of the committee (Senator Siewert) to take note of report agreed to.
Community Affairs Legislation Committee—Interim and final reports—Low Aromatic Fuel Bill 2012. Motion of the chair of the committee (Senator Moore) to take note of reports agreed to.
Community Affairs References Committee—Report—The factors affecting the supply of health services and medical professionals in rural areas. Motion of the chair of the committee (Senator Siewert) to take note of report called on. Debate adjourned till the next day of sitting, Senator Back in continuation.
Rural Affairs and Transport References Committee—Report—Animal welfare standards in Australia's live export markets and the Live Animal Export (Slaughter) Prohibition Bill 2011 [No. 2] and Live Animal Export Restriction and Prohibition Bill 2011 [No. 2]—Government response. Motion of Senator Back to take note of document called on. Debate adjourned till the next day of sitting, Senator Back in continuation.
Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee—Interim (2) and final reports—Australia's biosecurity and quarantine arrangements. Motion of Senator Back to take note of reports called on. Debate adjourned till the next day of sitting, Senator Back in continuation.
Environment, Communications, Information Technology and the Arts References Committee—Report—About time! Women in sport and recreation in Australia—Government response. Motion to take note of document moved, by leave, by Senator McKenzie. Debate adjourned till the next day of sitting, Senator McKenzie in continuation.
Orders of the day nos 2 to 4 and 6 relating to committee reports and government responses were called on but no motion was moved.