Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
 Download Current HansardDownload Current Hansard    View Or Save XMLView/Save XML

Previous Fragment    Next Fragment
Thursday, 13 February 2003
Page: 11920

Mr Martin Ferguson asked the Minister for Transport and Regional Services, upon notice, on 22 October 2002:

Are copies of single and continuing voyage permits issued to foreign vessels to operate in the domestic transport freight task purportedly when Australian ships are not available, published on his Departments website or the Australian Maritime Safety Authority website; if not, why not.

Mr Anderson (Minister for Transport and Regional Services) —The answer to the honourable member's question is as follows:

Coasting Trade Permits are issued, pursuant to section 286 of the Navigation Act 1912, only when no licensed ship is available. Copies of Continuing Voyage Permits are published in the Government Gazette within 14 days of issue. Details of Single Voyage Permits and statistics of Continuing Voyage Permits are published on the Department of Transport and Regional Services' website