- Parliamentary Business
- Senators and Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of Contents
Download Word Download PDF
Bill home page
Table Of Contents
Content WindowAustralian Charities and Not - for - profits Commission (Repeal) (No. 1) Bill 2014
Go To First Hit
1 The whole of the Act
In this Part:
successor Agency has the meaning given by item 3.
transition time means the commencement of this Part.
3 Successor Agency
(1) The successor Agency is the Agency specified in a determination under subitem (2).
(2) The Minister may, by legislative instrument, make a determination specifying an Agency (within the meaning of the Financial Management « and » Accountability Act 1997 ) « for » the purposes of subitem (1).
4 Transfer of records to the successor Agency
(1) This item applies to any records or documents that were in the possession of the ACNC immediately before the transition time.
5 Transfer of Ombudsman investigations
the Ombudsman Act 1976 applies after the transition time as if that action had been taken by the successor Agency.
6 Protection of information
(a) before the transition time, information was disclosed to a person « for » the purposes of the « Australian » « Charities » « and » « Not » - « for » - « profits » « Commission » Act 2012 ; « and »
(b) immediately before the transition time, a person was subject to a condition under Division 150 of that Act in relation to the information disclosed;
the person continues to be subject to the condition after the transition time.
7 Final annual report—ACNC
(1) The Chief Executive of the successor Agency must prepare « and » give to the Minister, « for » presentation to the Parliament, a report on the operations of the ACNC during the final reporting period.
(2) The Chief Executive of the successor Agency must give the report to the Minister within 3 months after the end of the final reporting period. The Minister may grant an extension of time in special circumstances.
(3) The Minister must table the report in each House of the Parliament as soon as practicable.
(4) The successor Agency must publish the report on the Department’s website as soon as practicable after the report is tabled in the House of Representatives.
(5) In this item:
final reporting period means the period:
(i) if, as at the transition time, no report under section 130-5 of the « Australian » « Charities » « and » « Not » - « for » - « profits » « Commission » Act 2012 relating to the last financial year that ended before the transition time has been given to the Minister—at the start of that financial year; or
(ii) otherwise—at the start of the financial year in which the transition time occurs; « and
(b) ending immediately before the transition time.