- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload Full Day's Hansard View/Save XML
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
- Start of Business
- BILLS RECEIVED FROM THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
- DAIRY PRODUCE EXPORT CONTROL BILL 1937
- DRIED FRUITS EXPORT CONTROL BILL 1937
- NATIONAL OIL PROPRIETARY LIMITED AGREEMENT BILL 1937
- SUPERANNUATION BILL 1937
- AUSTRALIAN SOLDIERS' REPATRIATION BILL (No. 2) 1937
- WAR SERVICE HOMES BILL 1937
- HIGH COMMISSIONER BILL 1937
- SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY RESEARCH BILL 1937
- STATES GRANTS (FERTILIZER) BILL 1937
- DEFENCE EQUIPMENT BILL 1937
- CUSTOMS TARIFF VALIDATION BILL 1937
- CUSTOMS TARIFF (EXCHANGE ADJUSTMENT) VALIDATION BILL 1937
- CUSTOMS. TARIFF '(CANADIAN PREFERENCE) VALIDATION BILL 1937
- EXCISE TARIFF VALIDATION BILL 1937
- PAPUA AND NEW GUINEA BOUNTIES BILL 1937
- APPLE AND PEAR BOUNTY BILL 1937
- STATES GRANTS (YOUTH EMPLOYMENT) BILL 1937
- CITRUS FRUITS BOUNTY BILL 1937
- WINE GRAPES CHARGES BILL 1937
- DAIRY PRODUCE EXPORT CHARGES BILL 1937
- COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC SERVICE BILL 1937
- THERAPEUTIC SUBSTANCES BILL 1937
- SPECIAL ADJOURNMENT
Wednesday, 15 September 1937
Senator BRENNAN (Victoria) (Assistant Minister) . - The Government does not concede that a mistake has been made. Moreover, the bounty was not based entirely on the figures supplied, but on the amount of £50,000 set aside for the purpose. The basis on which the bounty was determined had the approval of the organization which speaks on behalf of the growers of apples and pears.
Clause agreed to.
Clauses 6 to 13 agreed to.
Preamble and title agreed to.
Bill reported without amendment; report adopted.
Bill read a third time.