- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
HVP No 102 - 08 May 2012
17 PAID PARENTAL LEAVE AND OTHER LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (DAD AND PARTNER PAY AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2012
House Votes and Proceedings
House of Reps
- Main Committee
- System Id
Note: Where available, the PDF/Word icon below is provided to view the complete and fully formatted document
Table Of ContentsDownload PDF
Previous Fragment Next Fragment
House Votes and Proceedings
- 1 MEETING OF THE HOUSE
- 2 STATEMENT BY SPEAKER—DOCUMENT
- 3 DEATH OF FORMER MEMBER (THE HONOURABLE LIONEL FROST BOWEN)
- 4 DEATH OF SENATOR JUDITH ANNE ADAMS
- 5 DEATHS OF JAMES OSWALD LITTLE AND IAIN MURRAY ROSE—STATEMENTS
- 6 MINISTRY—DOCUMENT
- 7 SUSPENSION OF STANDING AND SESSIONAL ORDERS MOVED
- 8 QUESTIONS
- 9 DOCUMENTS
- 10 DOCUMENTS—MOTION TO TAKE NOTE OF DOCUMENTS
- 11 AUDITOR-GENERAL’S REPORTS
- 12 ACT LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY—2013 CANBERRA CENTENARY FUNDING AND TOURISM
- 13 DISCUSSION OF MATTER OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE—BUDGET
- 14 MESSAGES FROM THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL AND THE ADMINISTRATOR—ASSENT TO BILLS
- 15 MESSAGE FROM THE SENATE
- 16 PUBLIC ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT—JOINT COMMITTEE—STATEMENT BY MEMBER—DOCUMENT
- 17 PAID PARENTAL LEAVE AND OTHER LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (DAD AND PARTNER PAY AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2012
- 19 DOCUMENTS
- 20 MINISTERIAL STATEMENTS
- 21 MESSAGE FROM THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL, CERTAIN PROPOSED EXPENDITURE AND APPROPRIATION FOR YEAR 2012-2013—APPROPRIATION BILL (NO. 2) 2012-2013
- 22 MESSAGE FROM THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL, CERTAIN PROPOSED EXPENDITURE AND APPROPRIATION IN RELATION TO THE PARLIAMENTARY DEPARTMENTS FOR YEAR 2012-2013—APPROPRIATION (PARLIAMENTARY DEPARTMENTS) BILL (NO. 1) 2012-2013
- 23 MESSAGE FROM THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL, PROPOSED ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE AND APPROPRIATION FOR YEAR 2011-2012—APPROPRIATION BILL (NO. 5) 2011-2012
- 24 MESSAGE FROM THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL, CERTAIN PROPOSED ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE FOR YEAR 2011-2012—APPROPRIATION BILL (NO. 6) 2011-2012
- 25 APPROPRIATION BILLS—COGNATE DEBATE
- 26 ADJOURNMENT
17 Paid Parental Leave and Other Legislation Amendment (Dad and Partner Pay and Other Measures) Bill 2012
The order of the day having been read for the resumption of the debate on the question—That the bill be now read a second time—
Debate resumed by Mr K. J. Andrews who moved, as an amendment—That all words after “That” be omitted with a view to substituting the following words: “whilst not declining to give the bill a second reading, the House:
(1) notes that the Government’s paid parental leave scheme is too short, does not provide superannuation and does not maintain the income of the majority of Australian mothers; and
(2) calls on the Government to immediately adopt the Coalition’s better, fairer paid parental leave scheme.”
Debate adjourned (Mr Bowen), and the resumption of the debate made an order of the day for the next sitting.
Suspension of sitting
At 5.54 p.m., the Deputy Speaker left the Chair.
Resumption of sitting
At 7.31 p.m., the Deputy Speaker resumed the Chair.
18 MESSAGE FROM THE GOVERNOR-GENERAL, PROPOSED EXPENDITURE AND APPROPRIATION FOR YEAR 2012-2013— Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2012-2013—BUDGET SPEECH
Message No. 234, 30 April 2012, from Her Excellency the Governor-General was announced recommending, in accordance with the requirements of section 56 of the Constitution, an appropriation for the purposes of the Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2012-2013.
Mr Swan (Treasurer) presented a Bill for an Act to appropriate money out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund for the ordinary annual services of the Government, and for related purposes.
Mr Swan presented an explanatory memorandum to the bill.
Bill read a first time.
Mr Swan moved—That the bill be now read a second time, and delivered the budget speech.
Debate adjourned (Mr Abbott—Leader of the Opposition), and the resumption of the debate made an order of the day for the next sitting.