- Parliamentary Business
- Senators & Members
- News & Events
- About Parliament
- Visit Parliament
Search Tips Navigation
- Search Help Home Page
- Basic Search
- Default Search Behaviour
- Search Operators
- Advanced Search/Browse
- Search Results
- Document View
- Guided Search
- Saved Searches
- Search History
- My List
- My Profile
- How To Register As A Public User
- Bills And Legislation
- Additional Tips
You may normally want to limit your searches to a few collections or sub-collections of interest only or that you wish to search routinely. The My Profile tab lets you configure your own search defaults. Once set, your defaults remain in force until you decide to change them, either by modifying the selections in My Profile or by overriding My Profile on the Advanced Search/Browse screen. There are four parts to configuring your personal profile:
- Default Collections
- When first clicking on My Profile, the default is to search all Parliamentary collections.
- To set your personal default, configure the collections to search by means of checkboxes - this is identical to the similar form in the Advanced Search/Browse screen.
- Can be temporarily over-ridden on Advanced Search/Browse search screens.
- Words surrounding hit term
- Configure the number of words to be displayed in summary snippets on either side of the hit terms (search terms) on the Search Results screen.
- Cannot be temporarily over-ridden on search screens.
- Results per page
- Configure the default maximum number of items on a Search Results screen - this is identical to the similar selector in the Advanced Search/Browse screen.
- Can be temporarily over-ridden on search screens.
- Default sort by
- Configure your preferred sort order for displaying documents in the Search Results screen - this is identical to the similar selector in the Advanced Search/Browse screen.
- Note: that for browsing some collections there is a predefined default sort designated as Custom Browse Order. This can be changed once you are on the Search Results page.
After saving your personal default collections and subcollections, and returning back to Advanced Search/Browse screen, your choices are displayed in a drop down list next to List of selected Collections next to the My Profile radio button. Note: Public users who do not have access to the Parliamentary Computing Network will be able to set up their profile only after they have registered.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.